The Brisbane Club
Premier Business Club’s Members-Only Wine Cellar is One of the Best in the Southern Hemisphere
Hailed as one of the best in the Southern hemisphere, there’s something to tantalise every palate. The wine cellar has forged close relationships with the premier winemakers and suppliers in the industry. These close relationships give the cellar access to back dated, vintage and limited release wines. The cellar won best club wine list for three years in a row and in 2013 was inducted into the Wine List Hall of Fame.
Run by the resident wine experts, Cellar Manager Giovanni and Senior Cellar Assistant Patrick, they are on hand five days a week to answer any questions you might have and offer their expertise. The ‘personal wine concierges’ pride themselves on the distinct service they provide to Members, which extends from tailoring wines to match the menu in the dining rooms and functions, education for any Members who are interested in learning more about wine, ordering in specific wines for Members, to popping up to the dining room to help Members choose which wine will suit their dinner or their personal preferences.
Here are some other benefits to having access to one of the best wine cellars in the Southern hemisphere.
- Are you hosting a special dinner and want to know what wines will best suit the meal you are preparing? Giovanni and Patrick can help you pick the perfect wine to match your meal and turn the dinner into a gourmet affair.
- Christmas is rapidly approaching and so is the job of picking end of year presents for clients and staff. The cellar can take all the hassle out of this job. They can organise special exclusive bottles of wine and turn that end of year gift into something unique that won’t be forgotten.
- Another perk of the cellar is the delivery service they offer. Perhaps a Brisbane Club Member is hosting a dinner and they realise they haven’t organised any wine. The cellar can organise exactly what that Member needs and have it delivered to them. They can offer that day delivery, if the order is received by 10:00 am.
- The cellar is also available as a function space. Dining in the cellar is a truly singular experience, the dark mahogany walls lined with stocked shelves and the long elegant table creates a beautiful ambience that your guests will love. The privacy of the cellar makes it the perfect place for a corporate dinner or a special family dinner and the ability to browse the cellar’s extensive shelves will be an experience they won’t forget. The cellar is one of the most popular function spaces in the Brisbane Club, loved by Members and guests alike.
- Having one of the best wine cellars in the southern hemisphere means access to explore these wines and the ability to expand your palate. During its 113 years in operation the Brisbane Club’s cellar has had the opportunity to develop very close relationships with the best winemakers. Using these close relationships, the cellar hosts at least two different tasting events every month. These tastings showcase a particular wine label, with a winemaker from the label present to educate members on the wines and answer any questions they may have. The wines are enjoyed with a perfectly matched four or five course dinner prepared by the Brisbane Club’s excellent kitchen team.
- Another fabulous perk of the cellar is the deal available to Brisbane Club Members on Fridays. Every Friday Members can go down to the cellar and buy wines at takeaway prices and then take them back into the dining room so they can enjoy them with their guests. This is the perfect opportunity to sample some of the exclusive and unique wines the cellar holds and a great way to share this experience with guests.
Membership at the Brisbane Club has many advantages. Access to one of the premier wine cellars in the Southern hemisphere which has relationships with the best winemakers in the industry is perhaps the best advantage of all.
To learn more about membership at the Brisbane Club, please visit our Membership page.